If you’re like most business owners, you probably don’t think about optimizing your website for search engines until after it’s built. But what if I told you that there are a few simple things you can do to your website to help improve your ranking and visibility? In this article, we’ll share 5 of the most important things you can do to improve your search engine rankings.
1. Create an effective SEO campaign to improve your search rankings and visibility.
Strengthening your search engine optimization campaign will allow you to take advantage of higher search engine visibility and better rankings.
Things you need to think about and do for an effective SEO campaign.
- Make a list and set goals that you need to accomplish to reach your target audience.
- Build pages for each topic, product, and service you offer to customers. These pages optimize your site for better Google Search results.
- Increasing your brand recognition and finding your target audience.
- Find and understand the intent of your users and what they expect and what they are looking for.
- Build a list of keywords, like keywords and keyword phrases of how people may search for you.
- Refresh old content on your site.
- Create YouTube videos and have a more effective social media presence.
- Target local searches with landing pages and special listing pages.
- Check your Google My Business page and make sure it’s up-to-date.
2. Make sure you’re utilizing the right keywords.
Most SEO-driven small company websites (75%) use keyword research and targeting.
By looking for key phrases your competitors are using, you can narrow your search and focus your energy on more relevant efforts. This will enhance your keyword research campaign.
After you’ve decided on terms you wish to be able to target, begin by incorporating those keywords and keyword phrases into these key areas of your website:
- Meta descriptions
- Title Tags
- Image Alt tags
- Page Content
- Blog Content
This is only a few out of several more ways to enhance your SEO rankings on search engine result pages.
Make sure you’re utilizing the right title tags. The title tag is what’s shown on the page when someone goes to Google and types in your website name or searches for your products. Make sure that this is an accurate representation of what you have to offer, and it should be as concise as possible.
3. Make sure your website is mobile-friendly to offer an optimal user experience.
Make sure your website is responsive to offer an optimal user experience. That means your website has to be mobile-friendly.
In accordance with research studies, Google’s mobile applications account for well over 50 percent of the search engine’s overall traffic. When small business websites are optimized for mobile use, they provide a better experience for those interacting with mobile devices.
And this is one of the most important things you can do to improve your search engine rank, because if you aren’t mobile-friendly, Google and other search engines will penalize your website with a demotion in the rankings.
If you are not sure if your website is mobile-friendly we recommend that you get a professional review for your website.
4. Optimize for search engine local searches.
Google search results depend on location, so local search pages make more sense for small, local businesses such as cafés, restaurants, photographers, and local artists.
More than 50% of small companies that use search engine optimization (SEO) target search results pages by location.
Making sure that your company’s data and location are up-to-date on Google My Business is a key to how you end up on a search results page.
5. Establish a strong and relevant website page content strategy.
Having a dynamic SEO strategy is crucial to organizing your content because it helps keep you on track. Create great content for your website by establishing a powerful and relevant content plan for your business. High-quality, useful content can improve a website’s SEO significantly.
Learning about your target audience and developing expertise by solving their problems best helps you reach your audience and achieve business success with Google and all the other search engines.
Some content strategy goals you might what to think about and make happen. How do I…
- Drive traffic to my website and attract new audiences.
- Lead readers into a lead generation page or call-to-action through a particular sales funnel.
- Increase signups to build a database of buyer information to better target these individuals and groups
- Target the right consumers for my offerings that will increase our brand recognition.
In conclusion, following these five SEO strategies will help your company website rank higher in search engine results pages and attract more visitors. Implementing these tactics is a worthwhile investment that can help your business grow and succeed online. These are just 5 ways out countless ways to implement SEO on your website. Sprout Digital is here to help you meet all your online business goals. Give us a call today at 888-217-9502, email us at [email protected] or use our contact us form to get ahold of us.