Why is it important to optimize my Google My Business Listing?
Google My Business is a quick snapshot of your business for potential customers to learn about your business and to quickly contact you and find your place of business and best of all it’s Free.
Close to 80% of all searches start with a google search on mobile and desktop computers. Google performed a study on local searches and found out that 50% of the searchers that use their smartphones visited a store within a day.
Google My Business is a free tool from Google that allows you to manage your business brand to online customers searching for your products and services. Local search results give your business priority from Google when potential customers are looking for your store and products.
Google My Business is a powerful tool that can increase your return on investments and provide you with insights on your customers and their behavior. Don’t lose a sale and leave money on the table by not using your free Google My Business listing. Claiming your business on Google is one of the easiest ways you can reach new clients.
Google ranking algorithm considers the proximity, activity, and the quality of information of your business profile.
Google reviews influence consumer buying so this is one of the key ranking factors in their algorithm.
Key Ways to Optimize Your Google My Business Listing
- Claim your Google My Business Account
- Enter & complete all data – Make sure all your data is complete and correct. Your customers will be looking at this information to find you and contact you. This helps build trust with potential new customers.
- When adding your data make sure you use the correct coordinates on the map and include the same zip code as on your website.
- It’s best to use a local phone number versus a national number or call center number.
- Choose a Category to get found more easily.
- Include Keywords – You need to add a keyword strategy when adding text to your business category and attributes.
- Add photos and videos of your business and products to your listing often
- Make sure your business hours are accurate.
- Answer questions that potential clients and customers ask.
- Respond to customer reviews.
- Maintain your business profile and keep it up-to-date.
If you are ready to start ranking higher with Google My Business listing, website SEO, or website design we can help by setting you up a complete web design optimization package. Sprout Digital can improve your organic and local SEO ranking, call us today at 888-217-9502 or email us at [email protected]